|Agency Needs Content||Agency Needs Filters|
Double Up Food Bucks Local Coordinator
Fair Food Network’s Double Up Food Bucks program provides Americans who receive SNAP benefits, or food stamps, with a one-to-one match to purchase fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables. Double Up is available at participating grocery stores and Farmers markets across the state, and volunteers are essential in spreading the word about the program. The focus is on grocery store customers through volunteer outreach and nutrition education. The Double Up Food Bucks Local Coordinator will help to establish, lead, and manage the volunteer network.
- Work with the Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator to build and sustain a volunteer-run network
- Work with Double Up team to gain understanding of Double Up program how it works at farmers markets and grocery stores
- Cultivate relationships with local partners and potential sources of volunteer recruitment
- Lead the recruitment, management, and training of Double Up outreach volunteers and nutrition educators
- Work with the Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator to develop a regular volunteer schedule for each store and market involved
- Serve as the primary point of contact for volunteers responding to postings
- Communicate regularly with the Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator to discuss progress and challenges
- Ensure volunteers are equipped with necessary supplies and materials on market days.
Qualifications and Length of Service:
The Local Coordinator must be a self-starter, preferably with some understanding of nutrition incentives and the Supplemental Assistance Program (SNAP or Bridge Card). Must have leadership experience, people and public speaking skills, and the ability to assemble and train a qualified team of volunteers. This role is on-going.
Time, Training, and Travel:
Time commitment will vary, depending on the phase of the program. It is anticipated that the role could require 10 hours per week. Some flexibility will be required. The Local Coordinator will receive training on all responsibilities and policies relevant to the role. Training on the Double Up Food Bucks model in Michigan will also occur. Local travel to the various grocery and market sites, events, and to visit with local partners will be expected.
Advantages to Local Coordinator:
The Double Up Food Bucks Local Coordinator will gain valuable professional skills and connections through this role, including:
- Instrumental involvement in a growing nonprofit program in the food systems field
- Growth and experience in communications and volunteer coordination
- Broad access to social service agencies in Michigan
- Leadership, community collaboration, and networking skills
- Instrumental involvement in empowering volunteers to increase access to healthy foods in Michigan
Appointment, Supervision and Scope of Authority:
The Local Coordinator will be appointed by and report directly to the Fair Food Network Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator. The Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator will provide support to the Local Coordinator in their efforts to recruit and manage the volunteer network. This role is expected to be collaborative in nature, with the primary focus being on the development and maintenance of a volunteer network.
The Local Coordinator will be afforded the necessary guidance, training and materials needed to facilitate the development of a volunteer network, with support from the Double Up Food Bucks team.
Fair Food Network believes in the principle of equality and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, height, or weight.
How to Apply:
To apply, send a resume to Erin Allen at [email protected] or call 313-262-2535.
Agency: Fair Food Network
Opportunity Type: Volunteer
This Opportunity is ongoing
Filter Opportunity Type